[Dailydrool] Revolting Stench and the Health Conscious Bassets

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 23 19:05:25 PDT 2008

Thanks to the advice of an adopter, we pruned our apple tree just right this year and, unlike last year when we got one teeny tiny apple off it, we have had  more apples than Johnny Appleseed could have dreamed of in our yard.  I can pick 15 pounds a day and it still grows.  Anyway, the squirrels knock them down, as does the wind, and the awful smell of rotting apples fills the nostrils when one steps outdoors.  The bassets do not seem to care one bit and, in fact, dig through the squishy brown piles to harvest "fresh" Granny Smiths--and devour one or more a day!  They guard their finds like "boneys" (our name for marrow bones), tart apple juice running down their jowls.

I hope an apple a day will keep the doctor away!  So far, no one has gotten diarrhea from this.....

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 7
Murphy, Jeremiah, Twinkie, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Nellie (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB), Sapper, Danica, Poppi, Ginger, Flappers and the Itty Bitty Sisters
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!