[Dailydrool] Calendar Day

Beryl Silberg berylrich2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 06:20:32 PDT 2008

Hi, Droolers!  What fun to see the BassetsRus Retirement Ranch bassets on today's calendar day, Oct. 24.  Kim and Bruce Dunn are wonderful basset folks - they founded Mid America Basset Rescue where we adopted our Sadie(ATB) many years ago,  and most recently our Raymond.  Those seniors on today's page are mightly lucky bassets to have such a wonderful home.

Hope all our droolers are in for a fun weekend.  It's been rainy and cold in Kansas City, but Raymond spends his usual 10 minutes a day outside.  He recently had a booster shot for peridontal disease.  Has anyone else had experience with this shot?  We hope it keeps him from losing anymore teeth.

We finally received our Pedi-Paws and before using it on Raymond we read the directions, let him inspect it completely (he seemed to like it) and then attempted to use it on him.  It didn't make much noise, but the noise really made him upset.  We tried all kinds of ways of calming him down so we could use it, but to no avail.  We gave it to a friend of mine who has 3 Yorkies  and I hope she'll be able to use it, as it just didn't work for Raymond.  I'm sure trick or treat night will be great for all of the bassets.  We may put Raymond's Sherlock Holmes raincoat on him for all the visitors to see.
                                         Beryl & Raymond