[Dailydrool] Abbie's first KO and first Bash (upcoming)

Jaclyn Whitehorn jwhitehorn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 19:07:27 PDT 2008

Man, I've been having Drool withdrawals.  2 jobs and younger dogs doesn't
make for a lot of free time at the moment, but I'm trying to skim each issue
at least.
My dear Abbie got her first slave knockout a few weeks ago.  Well, I
remained conscious, but she pretty much put me out of commission for a
while! The BF and I took Abbie and Josh to the closing of the University's
outdoor pool.  Summary: Josh can swim, but would rather attack the bigger
dogs. (Yes, I'll be looking at additional socializing for the little
monster.) Abbie can't swim -- she paddles, but she can't hold her head out
of the water.

Stupid me, I thought this was important information to have, so when the
neither of the dogs would go above their chests in the kiddy pool, I sat in
the deep end to be doggy lifeguard. Pulled Josh in, and he paddled right to
the side. Pulled Abbie in, and she panicked.  So I helped her over to the
side and up ... and out went my back.  Now, Abbie's not a big basset: she's
less than 40 lb.  But I twisted just wrong, and one of my lower vertebrae
went sideways. Luckily everything was fixable with ice and multiple visits
to the chiropractor, but I was in massive pain for over a week, and then
another 5 days of minor pain.  Abbie 1, Momma 0.

I'm very excited that we'll be going to the BHRG Bash in a few weeks!  This
will be the first Bash for Abbie, Josh, and the BF (who was pretty darn
enthusiastic about it - yay!) Unfortunately we won't be able to come in
Friday night after all, but we should get to Atlanta close to the beginning
of the Bash, and we'll stay at the hotel Saturday night.  It's been a few
years since I've been able to get to any of the events, so I'm really
looking forward to the party!

Jaclyn, Abbie, and Josh
plus the cats: Pepper, Morris, Zack, and Pandora