[Dailydrool] Sophie the whiner...

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Mon Oct 27 07:52:20 PDT 2008

Thanks for the info on basset legs, everyone!!  I wanted to share this
with the drool and find out if anyone else has a hound that does
something similar...Sophie, our 1 year old basset girl, has always been
somewhat of a whiner, but lately she has gotten worse, and she whines at
me anytime she needs or wants ANYTHING...and she doesn't just whine, she
lets out little whiney barks, she bites at my pants with her front teeth
and tugs at them to get my attention, and then when I look at her she
gives me the "get up and stop what you're doing and love me and take me
for a walk and let's play and give me ATTENTION!!!" look complete with
the ooh so sweet tail thump, thump, thump on the ground.  It's so sweet
and cute I usually give in, but sometimes I'm busy and I can't stop what
I'm doing.  I guess I'm teaching her that whining gets my attention, so
she's been conditioning herself to do it when she wants my focus on her,
but it's driving me nuts sometimes because I'm not always able to give
it to her and she's not really taking the "I'm busy" response too well.
I did pick up a couple Kongs with PB filling, so that has kept her busy
for a while, but sometimes she is just relentless.  I just can't
resist...I'm a hopeless basset slave, I should just give in, let's face
it!  Thanks all for your suggestions and drool to everyone that needs
it.  We love our drool friends, and wish everyone a Happy Halloween!!!

Jessica L. Sutton - Hopeless Basset Slave to Diva and Sophie the whining
basset girl.