[Dailydrool] Bad news

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 07:56:41 PDT 2008

I took Maggie to the vet first thing in the am today.  The vet is not sure
if she is going to live through the day or not. He did an x ray and there is
no opaque object he can see.  Her small intestine is infected and losing
blood. She is losing fluids. Her pancreas is infected.  Her blood is so full
of (I forgot) that he has to spin the blood more to remove the lipids to see
what else could be wrong.  Her organs may be failing.  He put her on IV and
antibiotics with an anti-inflammatory.  He is going to call me when he knows
something. I was there for two hours with her.  I feel like my heart is
being ripped out.  I can't get a hold of my husband who is TDY in
Mississippi.  I don't know whether or not to get the kids from school to say
goodbye or not.  They are 9 and 11 and I don't know if they can handle it,
but I can't not let them be apart of it.  I just don't know anything right
now.  Please send emergency drool. She is only 8 years old. Her 9th birthday
is coming up in the beginning of November.

I guess that is all,
Dee, Maggie (my sick baby), Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper