[Dailydrool] I can't help it - I've got to brag

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Mon Oct 27 15:04:17 PDT 2008

Yup.  I've just got to brag about our weekend.  On friday I left
work early, packed up 5 assorted hounds and headed off for the dog shows
in South Dakota.  Arrived at the show site at about 6:00 PM and the
sanctioned match was scheduled to start at 6:30.  Not much time for
first-timer Crazy to get her act together.  she was soooo excited to
see her grandma Sue and her sister and brother that she wouldn't get down
to business on the potty trip either.  Sooooooo of course while her
sister was being examined on the ramp, Crazy found it necessary to deposit
the world's largest, well, Deposit on the mat on the floor in the
ring.  Thank you Crazy.  Needless to say, she did not win.
Neither did Oliver (Piggy Paws' Mr. Green for those of you with good
memories) who has been staying at Grandma's house for some attitude
adjustment and show oportunities.  His first trip out with me was 2
weeks ago when he pulled so hard on the leash in the ring that my arm hurt
for several days.  So, we worked real hard on that.  Oliver
didn't seem to remember a great deal of that work on Friday night,
however.

Saturday, the regular show started bright and early
with bassets in at about 8:30 AM.  Crazy wasnt entered, so it was
just Mr. Pimpernoodle (13 months old and so immature he looks like a piece
of linguine on stilts), Oliver (yeah, him), Anna (first time back in the
ring since her time out for motherhood.  Too bad they don't give
extra points for titties swinging in the breeze!), and Bertha (she'll be 8
years young in 2 weeks.  that is about 5 years older than most
bassets are retired to the couch.)  And one me.  Oh my aching
back.  Everybody ended up last in their classes except Oliver who
suddenly decided he was a show dog, behaved like a dream, and was Reserve
(like first runner up in a beauty contest) to the 4 point major!.
The judge decided to give me a lecture in the ring about my handling
skills, insisting he had told me many times before that I make my dogs sag
in the middle (they don't and I don't and never said a word to me
before.  Besides, his wife loves me!!)  Another day down the
drain.

Sunday bassets were first thing in the ring, so I had to
get up at 5:00 AM to get me and them all ready.  The judge was one I
had never shown under before.  Pimpernoodle won the 12 - 18 month old
class!!  Oliver did not wiin his class, but then he forgot agaiin
about how to be a show dog.  Then when all the boy winners went in to
compete for Winners Dog, scrawny, silly Mr. Pimpernoodle took Winners Dog
for a 4 point major!!  Yippee!  He now had both majors under his
belt.  Then it was the girls' turn.  While I trying to get
Anna out of her crate, Bertha decided to bail out unassisted and fell from
the top crate and landed on her chin.  Poor thing.  But she
seemed al right.  Anna swung around the ring and lost.  Oh
well.  I was still beaming from Mr. P's win.  Then it was
Bertha's turn.  she won her class!  And then she took Winners
Bitch!! And then she took Best of Breed for her own 4 point major!!!
WOW  What a day!!  Especially for an old lady who just fell on
her head!  (Bertha, not me.  I didn't fall on my head until
later when I was walking Mr. P and Bertha out to the van and stepped on an
uneven spot on the plastic covered dirt floor and went flat on my
face).

Anyway, the mother/son win was great fun.  Bertha
now also has her second major.  they each just need 4 little singles
now, so the end is in sight.  Bertha will be the 3rd one from her
litter I will finish past the age of seven.  Just goes to show you
that when they are put together right, they stay together right.

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time
to visit these websites: