[Dailydrool] Arnie's 8 today!

Shannon R Gerdel pheleant at msn.com
Mon Oct 27 18:13:55 PDT 2008

        Arnie is 8 years old today. I called Cathy at work to tell her to pick up goodies to celebrate with. She told be she thought that he was not that old, and that she thought that he was only 6. I replied that Arnie was 6 when he came here as a foster two years ago.

        Cathy said, "They grow up so fast." Yes they do.

        Happy Birthday Arnie! We love you, and we are so happy that you came to live here. I had a funny feeling from looking at his picture that Cathy would have a hard time letting him go somewhere else to live after he came to our house. Hence, I was not truly surprised when Cathy called me on the phone from Gillette the 2nd time. She called me the first time to let me know that she made it to Gillette safely. She called the 2nd time before she even got out of the City limits of Gillette to tell me that she was pretty sure that we were going to keep him. She saw his 'baby face", and she was hooked.

        It's no surprise that Arnie is Mom's dog. He tolerates me, but he LOVES his Mommy. He ignores me during the day, and when Cathy gets home at night, Arnie has the audacity to come and sit at my feet and act like he's been a good boy all day. I still love him.

Boomer: dogster.com/dogs/235129
Babe: dogster.com/dogs/261208
Arnie: dogster.com/dogs/281040
Shannon (an absolute, total, complete BassetCase): myspace.com/shannongerdel