[Dailydrool] Wrasslemania between boys

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 13:47:28 PDT 2008

Nigel, Llewis and Mitchell wrassle. The boys are 3 yrs old and Mitchell is
10. Two of the three still have their nebberminds.
As used to this as i am, and as experienced as I am, I never fail to fly
into the room where the roars and squeals and crashing of furniture is, and
have to stop and LOOK to decide whether this has evolved into a "Get Rid Of
Mitchell" party, or whether Mitchell is a willing participant.
I think I have probably broken up as many happy parties as often as I have
saved Mitchell from the unwanted attentions of the other two.
Nigel and Llewis, when they wrassle, sound as if they are killing each
other. When the timbre changes, it is time to step in. I don't know how else
to explain it.It has to do with the actual timbre and tone of the growls and
roars, as well as the body language of the dogs involved. A happy wrassle
can turn into an ugly brawl in a half a second, at least between Nigel and
Llewis. And Mitchell.When Mitchell is ready to quit the boys often are not.
And then I have to step in,literally, and push them apart. A "LEAVE IT" is
usually sufficient. (Especially repeated 30 or 40 times.) I give Mitchell a
clear path to a chair or the couch and if he takes it, the party is over. If
he stands there wagging his tail and waiting, then he is still playing.
It's a thin line.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper