[Dailydrool] Rescuing senior hounds

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Wed Oct 29 10:16:00 PDT 2008

I have to agree with Debbie.  Rescuing a senior hound is a wonderful,
 heaven sent gift to not only the hound, but to you as well.

When I first saw Nelly in all her putridness I knew that I couldn't never
leave her.  When I looked into her eyes, I could see the depth of her soul
and the all the pain that she had been living through.  She was crying out
to be loved, even though she didn't know what being loved truly meant.

In the short 12 days Nelly has been here the changes are amazing.
My scared little gal is blossoming every day with our love.  Every
milestone that she overcomes is a celebration.  She asks for so little,
but has already given so much.  There is nothing like the joy of getting
that first kiss, or the happy wiggling body and wagging tail when you
come home.  In her eyesI now see a brightness, hope and love now lives
in her heart.  My girl just blended in with the rest of the gang, though she is
still a little afraid of the kitties.  For all she has been through I am amazed
at how sweet and loving she is.

As Debbie said, seniors do ask for so very little.  They just seem to know
and appreciate every little thing you do. Why you would be amazed at how
little room they take up.  Potty training is so much easier with a senior.
Why a senior hound will also help keep you healthy.  They lower your cholesterol
and help to tone you with the extra daily
stroll.  If you have a bad day, they will be there to let you pet your troubles away. When I
think about how much happiness Nelly has already brought to our home, I am overwhelmed
with love.  People that we have met and have been told Nelly story say Nelly is one lucky girl.
That really isn't true, I am the lucky one to have been blessed with such a wonderful little gal.

With the holidays coming, this is the season of giving.  What better gift could you give than opening
your heart and home to a senior hound.  They are truly the gift that keeps on giving.  This year there
be one more stocking hanging on the mantle, more gifts under the tree, but most of all there is one
less senior living without love.

Please open your hearts and home to a senior in need of your love.  You will never regret it.

Karen and The Dog House Gang
Ruby Doo, Tucker, Abby, Sadie, Teeka, Gregor, Cuddles and Nelly Belle (please give us seniors a
chance to love you and be loved)