[Dailydrool] Lurking on Walkabout Ridge

Anne West walkaboutridgegang at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 20:51:12 PDT 2008

First of all, drool to all those hounds and humans alike in need.

I, King Charles, of the Walkabout Ridge Gang, have been lurking but thought we had to post a mention of the wonderful work Pat of Washington Basset Hound Rescue has been doing with the hounds she took in from the latest "Mill" rescue.

I have seen mentions of some of the other Rescues and how they are coping with the hounds they received.  17 of these hounds arrived in addition to the hounds already in rescue at WBHR.  I thought you all needed to know that Pat has been working her "tail" off with the 17 that arrived at her door.  My Slave recently made the trip up to Washington State to pick up one of the hounds to come live on the Ridge and join the gang as a permanent fixture.  He has been dubbed Prince Louie.  He will be in line for the throne.   My Royal health has not been that good lately so I need my sucessor on the Ridge.  I have his Royal training well in hand.  But back to my reason for writing.   My Auntie Pat is exausted.  She does have some wonderful humans that help her with things, but some have started to not show as much interest since the newness of the arrivals has worn off.  If you happen to be around the Spokane area PLEASE help our Auntie Pat get
 a break.  We hope all of you will keep my Auntie Pat in your thoughts and prayers.  She took a lot on in the name of these hounds and The Walkabout Ridge Gang think she is wonderful!

I have a special place in my hound heart since she saved me from a shelter in Montana years ago to place me in what was supposed to be my forever home.  Then when my human became ill and couldn't care for me she saved me again.  And here I have been ruleing my kingdom from Walkabout Ridge for the last 8 years, which lead me to establish the Walkabout Ridge Gang.

THANK YOU AUNTIE PAT!