[Dailydrool] I am very tired today...

Kristin Mielke kristin.mielke063 at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 30 13:19:39 PDT 2008

yesterday night on my way home I stoped at Walmart and bought some flannel
sheets.  It's been cold, and we are trying very hard not to put the heat on
quite yet since we have a split air system.  I came home made dinner and
shipped the DH off to work.  Hushy retired to his couch after driving me
nutz with his squeaky fox for the balance of an hour...squeak,
squeeeeekkekkekkeek,squeak.  At 10 pm I made the bed with the new sheets,
took my bath, let Hushy out, let Hushy back in, gave him his bedtime cookie
on his pillow next to my bed and went to bed.  Awoof, awoof, got back out of
bed and put the basset on the bed,,,got settled back in...it is now 11:15.
Then the whining began,  whine, whine, whine,,,,,,I offered another
cookie,,,crunch, crunch, whine, whine, whine, I gave him a pillow, whine,
whine,whine,  I got up put the lights on palpated, did a full doggie exam,
nothing wrong,,,turned the lights off got back in bed...now past midnight,
whine, whine, whine, got up again,,,read the symptoms of bloat, gave Gas-X
which I had to go sownstairs for, then closed the light and went back to
bed,,,whine, whine, whineeeeeeee, got back out of bed, turned the light on
offered some water, whine, whine, whine...it is now after 1 am....bleery
eyed I consider taking Hushy  to the vets, something terrible must be
wrong...I stare deep into his eyes, wondering what to do....slowly I start
to think,,,,hmmm can't be what I fed him for supper, he always has that, he
was fine in the yard, we didn't go walkies, he was fine whatching tv and
playing with squeaky fox, I didn't do anything to him, ,,,,what is the
problem,,,hmmm,,,could it be the sheets,,,maybe he does not do flannel,,,it
is now 2 am and I am changing the bed, with Hushy on it,,,,I finish and
close the light.....not a sound, and then the distinct sound of snoring
eminating from a snooter deep beneath the sheets.  I turned the heat up this
morning.  Now are we spoiled or what...
Anybody need soe flannel sheets..they are striped red and white....and NOT
basset approved.
Kris (Who was late for work do to the inability to get out of bed at 6 am
after going to bed at 2 AM)
Hushy (Eqyptian cotton or bust I say)