[Dailydrool] Naughty Sophie

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Fri Oct 31 07:29:22 PDT 2008

Dad is home with the girls again today, he hasn't been feeling well, so
he took a couple days off to rest.  Yesterday when I got home, he told
me the funniest story and I wanted to pass it along.  He was putting
some blankets in the wash and he felt a little tug on his pants, so he
looked down to see a very guilty looking basset girl with those HUGE
brown eyes looking up at him and of course, the "busted" tail thwump,
thwump, thwump'ing on the floor.  He said "Sophie, you've got that look
on your face, what have you gotten into?"  So for the next hour or so,
he says she was like glue, following him everywhere and looking so sad
and guilty and sorry!!!  I can just picture it!  Boy she's something!
Well, come to find out, he had left our bedroom door open for just a
minute while he carried the blankets down to wash, and sneaky little
Sophie had grabbed one of my shoes from my closet, taken it out to the
family room and ate the heel off!!!  Finally he saw it, and he looked at
her and said "Sophie, did you do this?" and he said she just sat there
with her whole body slumped over like she was just so upset with
herself!  She was so funny and cute, he couldn't even be upset with her,
so he called her over and told her it was ok to make mistakes, and she
clearly knew she was wrong, so he was going to let it slide!  OOH MY
GOODNESS, she has got him wrapped around her little finger, huh?  Let
her take one of HIS shoes and let's see what happens!!  I just thought
it was so funny that she knew what she did and started begging for
forgiveness before he even found out!  Clever girls!  Happy Halloween to
everyone!!!

Jessica L. Sutton