[Dailydrool] Gunter wants to be a Pwince

Kim Dworak kdworak69 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 07:13:07 PDT 2008

I think Gunter wants to be a pwince.  He is very prissy, er I mean particular.  We don't have a fence, so they both get walked on leashes when it's time to go out.  If the grass is too long, he won't walk on it.  He doesn't like little flying bugs, won't go in the grass if they are around.  He has been known to take 25 minutes to find a place to poop (doesn't matter if the yard is clean or not).  And he's not playing, he's looking for a spot.  This is gross but he will be trying to pick a spot and have to go so bad it starts to come out and he still won't pick a spot.  He's very picky about treats, if you give him something he doesn't like he spits it out  He absolutely LOVES frosting, if I give him a treat w/frosting he very delicately holds it down and licks all the frosting off it before he eats the treat.  If it's the sandwich cookie kind, he gently separates the cookies then licks the frosting from the middle, then eats the cookies lol.  He is also a perfect gentleman when taking a treat from you, he takes it in his mouth like it's glass and he's afraid it will break.  He REFUSES to go in his crate without his bed, he had thrown up on it and while I was washing it he needed a time out and I said crate - usually he goes right in but he went to the door, looked in, turned around and looked at me and laid down right in front of it with a big hmmmpppfff sigh.  And should I forget their yogurt in the morning, he moans and groans and sighs and won't do any more than pick at it until he gets his yogurt.  (I know not quite up there with Tasslehoff and the bacon, maybe Tas could give him lessons)?  He is very smart, when Wulfgang has something he wants (me, or a bone etc) Gunter will go and get Wulfies favorite toy and start playing with it in front of him.  If that toy doesn't work, he goes and gets another one, until Wulfie leaves whatever Gunter wanted and goes and plays with the toy.  It's very funny to watch - he must have gotten the big boy brains early.  My husband says he spent too much time alone w/the cats when he was a puppy lol. He is two years old, and was our first Basset - we love him so much we went back and got Wulfie (who is definitely more of a candidate for OEBE than to be a pwince) a year later.

We are sending drool to all the sick hounds; Dulcie, the lost Greyhound and her momma, and heart healing drool to Kathy, we will light a candle for Sonny tonight - I am so sorry.

Kim with Gunter(whats a pwince, does that mean I get more frosting cookies)? Wulfie(yes he is prissy - hey that's my toy!) and the cats (George, Chloe, Stevie and Onyx ATB)

Dogster Pages:
Gunter: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/826265
Wulfgang:  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/826273