[Dailydrool] Desperately Need Drool and Prayers for Ohio Senior

Kathi Lockhart slave2bassets at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 17:30:54 PDT 2008

Late last night, a volunteer from one of the local shelters called me about
a 10-year old female basset at the shelter. She had been dropped off 3 days
ago by people who "claimed" they weren't her family but the shelter workers
didn't believe the story. Anyway, the shelter is always overcrowded and, as
I am sure everyone knows, the seniors are the first to go. She already had a
euthanasia date for Saturday. I didn't hesitate for a second and said that
Steve and I would pick her up today. I called the shelter to let them know
when I was coming and they said she had gotten loose.
It seems a young volunteer was cleaning the inside kennels and placed her in
an outdoor one while he did so. When he came out, she was gone. I guess some
of the chain link was loose and she somehow got under it. The stupid kid
didn't report it for 2 HOURS!!!! Shelter workers and the local humane
officers searched the area and Steve and I have been out their for the last
2 1/2 hours walking through the woods and underbrush. There is no sign of
her. The area is very hilly with a lot of farms, hay fields, areas of dense
trees, etc. She could be anywhere. Also, about 1/2 mile away is the busiest
road in the town and the humane officer said they have also had problems
with coyotes in the area surrounding the shelter. I am worried sick.
Please send be safe drool to this old girl. She deserves so much better than
this. Steve and I will be out first thing in the morning to continue the
search. Please keep her in your prayers tonight.
Thanks,
Kathi - Slave to Fogarty, Marla, O'Tay, Sam, Beauregard, Ned, and Hannah B -
Hershey and Klause the Wannabes - and Forever Loved Einstein, Harriet,
Honey, Miss Droopy, and Abbi (All waiting ATB)