[Dailydrool] dremel

Reed & Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Mon Sep 1 11:32:28 PDT 2008

I have used a dremel tool on my hounds for almost 30 years.  it's what
almost all the show folk use because it does so much better a job.  the
bassets are usually happier with it too.  If you have just one or maybe 2
hounds, I would recommend a cordless as it is quieter and the noise bothers
some delicate ears.  For 3 or more I would use a corded model as they have
much more oomph.

I have used a couple of the earlier Dremel cordless models and hated them.
The battery pack never stayed put and it was always quitting on me.  I tried
a couple of cheape knock-offs, and they were pretty much useless too.  I
finally bought a Black and Decker which works great but is a bit awkward in
the hand.  I only use it "on the road" as the dogs are all done at home with
the corded model before shows.  Usually, "on the road" means I'm doing nails
for my competitors (bright, huh??) or my grandkids.

When I visit the grandbabies in California, I do their nails using one  of 2
types of newer Dremel cordless that their slave has.  I like both.  One has
a rechargeable battery pack that stays put and the other uses 4 AA
batteries.

Whenever I do nails, I use the larger of the 2 sizes of sanding drum with
the coarse sandpaper sleeve.  Never hold the grinder in one place more than
a couple of seconds as it will get hot.  I generally grind all the way
around the nail, like sharpening a pencil.  When I am done, just the tip of
the quick is exposed.  That will quickly dry up and recede, making it
possible to shorten up a very long nail with successive grooming sessions.

I say, go for it!!

crazy basset lady
(aka the "Nail Trim Goddess of Bassetfest", but not this year I am sad to
say)

MAKE DROOL NOT WAR!

Please visit these websites:
Rebec Bassets at www.rebecbassets.com