[Dailydrool] Grrrr

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 21:05:36 PDT 2008

Hi droolers,
Today was not a great day for Watson and I so I apologize for my incoming rant.

While walking today, we encountered a bunch of school kids walking
home through the park. One group of these kids I think was related
-there were about 8 of them who all looked alike and then a mother or
at least an adult supervisor carrying a baby bringing up the rear.
Watson absolutely adores children, and wanted to say hi to them.
Whenever we encounter anyone on the path, we pull over and let them
pass because I realize that some people do not want to say hi to a
slobbery exuberant basset hound (I don't understand why...) We pulled
over for this crowd, and as they were walking by I thought I heard one
of the children say "I want to kiss that puppy on his face" - which I
thought was adorable - I had misheard this child, however. I found out
seconds later that he said "I want to KICK that puppy on his face".
This kid approached Watson and then to my absolute shock and horror
tried to KICK Watson in the face. Thankfully, for Watson and
especially for this child - who was at least 7, he missed. I was so
outraged that I didn't even have words. I glared at his mother though
who just stood there, watched the entire thing and DID NOTHING. I
pulled Watson away, who was completely unaffected, and we continued on
our way. I have steamed and steamed over what I should have said to
that kid and his mother ever since. I cannot believe his mom or
whoever she was did not do anything to discipline him. I don't know if
she were leaving it up to me to let him know that if he were 18 and
had kicked my dog, he could have been charged with animal cruelty, or
if she just didn't care. If we ever encounter them again I will be
sure to cross the park  -
Just thought that if I were to vent to anyone, droolers would
understand me the best...

Thanks,
Katie and Watson (taking up the entire bed without a care in the world)