[Dailydrool] I've got Frankenpuppy II

Marilyn Fulton vbassety3 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 20:52:37 PDT 2008

Gracie, the Hundage Barrage in Portland, Or are slinging drool for your lump
test to be benign..could you sling some back for Zeus...he's got five
incisions from having lumps removed yesterday, poor guy!  one above his
right front leg, about the size of a roma tomato (no kidding!) with a four
inch incision, and two on the back of his neck, parallel three inch
incisions, ouch, and two on his right flank.  He is six years old, and acts
like a puppy when he's not full of stitches.  The vet thinks his are benign,
but is wondering if he has some kind of a follicular issue that is causing
these cysts.  One of the cysts on the back of his neck had a secondary
infection in it, even though it was encapsulated deep in the skin,
unruptured, and just became noticable to the touch in the last month.  Has
anyone out there ever experienced this?  In my 20 years of having bassets,
my Zeus seems to really be hit hard by the cyst fairy.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Marilyn Fulton
"Hundage Barrage"
Apollo (Been there, done that with the lumps in Feb 08) Daphne (mom sez I'm
her cheapest basset cuz I neber get lumpies) and Zeus (Ahrooooo...dese
stitches huwt, but mama's takin gud cawe ub me)