[Dailydrool] "Defects"

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 07:20:03 PDT 2008

" . . . It's amazing how well dogs can adapt
to congenital physical limitations and how little their overall
happiness is affected."

Amen! Merlin had congenital shoulder problems. As soon as I figured this out, he was put on glucosamine, at 6 months.
He lived for 10 wonderful, happy, fun-loving years. I expected arthritis to take him from us much sooner than that.
Merlin was not the athlete some bassets are, but he more than made up for that in loving. He preferred to hang out
and socialize instead of hiking.

Dewey has funny looking legs. I suspect his nutrition for the first 6 months of his life was not stupendous. Arthritis
may take him from us some day, but meanwhile, he is having a ball. So are we.

Linda and Dewey da Dynamo
Merlin atb, running free