[Dailydrool] Melamine

Anna P angelicpawlosia at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 20:38:36 PDT 2008

Hi!

I just read Robert's post on melamine in babies' formula in China.
As I am really close to the source and I was shocked by the news I talked to my students about it (I also have a child and was freaked out by the idea that babies have to go through so much pain connected with kidney stones - I don't feed formula to mine, but as a mother...). One of the students is educated in the major connected with milk production etc and used to work for a milk plant. Basically what happened was the plants that wanted to cut on costs were buying milk from small farms, farmers who were adding melamine as it makes milk look like it's rich and full of protein. There was no quality control as far as melamine level in milk because melamine is not supposed to be in food at all!

I guess it should teach us that food control is very important and food content should be tested more carefully.

By the way the brand disappeared from the shelves just as quickly as the news spread.

Anna, Pepe and Lulu ATB

      New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!