[Dailydrool] STONEY 07-28-94 to 08-28-08

doc at smdgraphics.com doc at smdgraphics.com
Mon Sep 1 20:09:11 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I write today with sad news; my dear, sweet STONEY has gone to The Bridge.
 Some of you may remember her from posts in past years, or from the 2003
and 2004 DD calendars.  Stoney went to the bridge on Thursday August 28,
just one month after raising $600 in "birthday spare change donations" for
Basset Hound Rescue of Southern California.  She was 14 years and 1 month
old.

Stoney came into my life in 1998, from a neglectful and somewhat abusive
home.  I was just going to find her a better home, but she crept into my
heart and stayed there.  At first I did find her a new home, but that
didn't work out... I believe she had picked me and just wasn't going to
settle for anywhere or anyone else.  She brought me to Basset Hound Rescue
in early 2000, and there we have been ever since.  She personally raised
thousands of dollars for BHRSC (I just held the can/envelope/hand out) and
was in many instances, the Grand Dame of BHRSC events.  She appeared on
television several times including a BBC special called Only In America,
an Animal Planet special on Basset Hound Rescue of SoCal; she was one of
KTLA's original Pin Point Weather photos for the City of Huntington Beach,
and she was also on the local news (KTLA again, I think) in a segment on
HB's Dog Beach.  Stoney was more than just a cute dog that never met a
camera she didn't like; she was the love of my life, my best friend, and
my inspiration to be everything she believed I was.

In recent years, I haven't posted much to the Daily Drool.  Between my
job, my family and being on the B.O.D. of BHRSC, I barely have time to
even read the DD, much less post, but I wanted to let everyone that knew
her/knew of her, that the day had come.  Heaven is a better place today
because she is there.  Hug your hounds tonight, kiss them, revel in their
drool, their food crumbs, their shedding hair and their smell... some day
you will miss those things.

I love you dear girl.
Stay close if you can.