[Dailydrool] The Plague of Puppies

balange balange at olemiss.edu
Mon Sep 1 22:09:26 PDT 2008

And yes, I know Drake just wrote in asking advice for his
stupid mother. Now she needs some general advice .I know
this isnt a basset, but he is Drake's big brother and best
friend, and our protector all around while daddy is gone.
Bo, my eight year old lab, is acting out of sorts. badly
actually. he is eating, a little, drinking lots of water,
not really pottying much, panting quite a bit, and the
strangest, hiding in small spaces such as under the bed. he
is a big boy and Ive never seen him do that before. His nose
is warm and sort of dry, and he feels like he
is....sweating! I didnt think dogs could sweat. Gums normal,
breath normal, very full of gas (gave him gas-x to get it
all out) and just generally not right. I have class in the
morning but Im taking him to the vet around 1pm. I just like
to have some idea what Im working with when I go in. Any
suggestions? To make this basset related, he has the same
fleas the bassets have, could that have anything to do with
it? Any help would be great, becasue taking him to the vet
and pointing with directions such as "Broke! Fix!" are
soundig really good right now. Go caveman mentality!!
Very worried and shouldabeenasleephoursago momP