[Dailydrool] Marley's Hole...

Marilyn Fulton vbassety3 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 2 11:21:02 PDT 2008

Hmmmmnnnn....Marley's hole might be a cyst that burst, rather than a gunshot
wound. About four years ago, my Apollo came in from being outside, with a
big hole in the jiggly part of his very deep chest.  I too, thought someone
had shot him.  He wasn't in any distress, but the hole was similar in the
way you described Marley's; very round and deep.  I rushed Apollo to the
vet, where they x-rayed him and found no bullet or pellet.  The vet cleaned
out the wound, and was able to determine that it was a deep cyst that had
burst..it was really gross...this perfectly symmetrical crater in his chest.
Apollo has such a deep chest, we never noticed the cyst until it burst.
 On the other hand, my youngest basset, Zeus, is having surgery this very
moment to remove a golf ball sized tumor or cyst, (not sure which yet) from
his chest.  he was originally examined 30 days ago, and since then, I have
found two more cysts that are very deep under the skin on the back of his
neck!  If I had not felt them, I would not have found them, they were not
visible to the naked eye. So, he's having those taken out too, and his teeth
cleaned, nails clipped, the whole nine yards.  I should be able to put my
vet's kid through the first semester of college after this...I hope that
Zeus doesn't have cancer after all this, he's such a sweet, happy guy!
(Aren't they all!)

Marilyn Fulton
Apollo www.dogster.com/dogs/212130
Daphne www.dogster.com/dogs/212170