[Dailydrool] Maggie again

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 05:23:10 PDT 2008

Well,
I have already called the vet's office and talked to his tech today.  It is
so nice just to say this is so and so and Maggie needs a dental ASAP.  So,
Maggie is scheduled for a dental on Friday am.  I discussed anesthesia
options with the tech and told her I want the least amount as possible for
Maggie.  She assured me they always do that and that Maggie would be on many
monitors for heart, respiration, pulse, etc. the whole time and then as soon
as the dental is done, then they reverse it immediately.  I am just worried
because of her "senior" status, but she is a young senior.  She is my heart
dog.  Oliver, doxie, had a dental done this summer to pull his deciduous
canine teeth and when I called on him he was already fully alert and was
hanging out with the tech behind the desk.  Maggie hates to be crated so I
will ask them to do the same with her. That means I have to put in as many
hours as I can of work before Friday so that I can be ready to leave when
Maggie can go home.  Maggie had a full senior blood panel screen in June and
a check up so she is set to go and will come home on an antibiotic as a just
in case which, to my *personal beliefs*, is a good preventative measure. Of
course, the major preventative measure, at home dental to a basset who
refuses to eat butcher bones, would have been the better way to go.  I have
no real excuse.  I did their nails this weekend and their ears last night,
but dumb me didn't think of teeth on Maggie. I feel so bad that she has had
difficulty eating. I feed in separate rooms for the 4 hounds and just
happened to be watching Maggie today and that is how I didn't notice it
before.  Poor Maggie Mae Moo Cow.  She knew I was making her an appt because
she was giving me "the eyes" when I was on the phone with the tech.

DRool to all in need,
Dee
Maggie (taking her first nap of the day snoring away)
Mazzie (giving out orders to the little brothers)
Oliver and Cooper (currently raising Kain through the living room)