[Dailydrool] Marley's Hole

jules56pt at charter.net jules56pt at charter.net
Wed Sep 3 15:49:47 PDT 2008

Marley is home from her adventure at the vetspital.  She is laying on my foot, dead to the world on the couch.  When I was paying (ouch) she started bellowing so loud the whole place could hear and people in the waiting room were looking a bit concerned.  It seems they were trying to remove the bandage from her leg where the IV had been and weren't succeeding.  We got it off with no trouble.

She has a very large incisition on her right side.  It is about six inches long which is long considering that the hole was only about 1/4 inch wide.  There were two cyststhe one that burst and another one close to it.  No pellet or bb thank goodness.

Marley snored like a freight train all the way home and has to wear a tee shirt to keep her from bothering the spot.  Ninja and Maggie aren't sure what to do.  they keep trying to sniff under her which is hard to do since she is dead weight at the moment.

The tissue samples they took are being sent to a lab for testing but the vet thinks  there is nothing to worry about.  Marley isn't completely out of it.  when she walked in, Sunny was the recipient of a very nasty growl from Marley.  Not quite a screaming match but a warning to get out of the way and let the sick princess in.  Ninja just got snapped at too.

Maggie is taking a nap on the file cabinet rigt now.  She is bewildered by Marley not running and playing aligator mouth with her.  Maggie had her own adventure this morning when she escaped while I was trying to get Marley out the door and into the car.  Ninja almost went with her but I closed the storm door on her neck and she finally backed up.  I'm sure the neighbors thought someone was dying with Ninja screeching and me yelling at Maggie to stop.  She didn't but luckily, son #2 got up when he heard the commotion and came down to help me loor for Maggie.  The little booger went around the block and got trapped in a back yard with an open gate.  My son found her.  I had the car so he dragged her out of the yard and I drove her home.  Marley was iin the back seat and was already traumatized by the time we got to the vet.

We are all in the family room safe and sound.  All four dogs are here with me keeping an eye on Miss Marley.  She is keeping an eye on the insides of her eyelids for now.  She gets to eat after 8:00 tonight but doesn't seem to care for now.

Thank you all for the drool and concern.  Marley is doing well and that is all we can ask for.

Soft quiet snooters and drool from the SI girls'
Sunny, Ninja, Marley, and Maggie