[Dailydrool] Signs of dog illness you should recognize

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Wed Sep 3 16:36:05 PDT 2008

I first knew that there was something wrong with my Blueberry when I  noticed
a change in her breath -- it smelled metallic.  I immediately  brought her to
the vet.  As you all know, she was diagnosed immediately  with renal failure
and we fought for two months to save her, and couldn't.

But my vet said that it was really good that I was always watching her for
any changes.  If it had been something else, early diagnosis might have  saved
her.

She gave me a list of signs of dog illness that everyone should be  aware of
(don't just blame changes on "getting older"):

1.  Lack of appetite.
2.  Less active.
3.  Weakness.
4.  Lethargy.
5.  Weight loss.
6.  Drinking more water.
7.  Change in coat  (dull, lusterless).
8.  Bad breath.

Hugs to all the furbabies,
Beth (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)
For Duchess and  Blueberry: "You have gone ahead and nothing is the same,
leaving paw prints on  my heart that will always remain."
-- Tibetan Proverb from Prayers on the  Wind

deal here.