[Dailydrool] Too many dogs

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Thu Sep 4 05:59:36 PDT 2008

MomPerson:
Oh, how I relate to that post. My mom always wanted a frilly daughter, but what she got was me! Maybe it was because I was brought up with two older brothers, but frilly and silly never appealed to me (no offense meant to those who enjoy frilly--I just didn't). I distinctly remember her buying me a frilly dress when I was young--I just refused to wear it!

I once referred to one of my cats as her grandchild. Mom was not pleased (I'm sure she wanted the real thing, but that never happened)! So I'm sure that, if she knew we had three bassets and a cat, she would be telling me we had too many dogs. Nor would she approve of their slobbery, shedding houndie ways or the way they're spoiled.

Don't get me wrong, my mom was great. But I just wasn't what she bargained for.

Once, when I went to adopt a cat, she went along to make sure I came back with only one. She may not always have liked my intense love for animals, but she knew me.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets