[Dailydrool] Our funday

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 12:14:21 PDT 2008

Just before setting off on holiday, Rolph, Clara the youngest two-legger and I made time to go to our local basset club's funday and 40th anniversary celebration.

  Clara won the sausage race. In this, they put three sausages on the ground for each dog. You ran up the field with your dog eating the sausages on the way then run back with no sausages. I thought Rolph was a dead cert for this - until he decided to eat everyoe else's sausages too!

  He came second in Most handsome Hound (the judge said "even though he has long hair")
  Clara came third in waggiest tail
  and Rolph came third in best rescue and Clara fourth, so we have lots of rosettes and certificates.

  Here are some pictures of the day.

  http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb25/Fitzspaniel/Bassetfunday0808/

Sally, slave to Rolph and Clara, step slave to Tessie, Henry and Solomon ATB