[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 22, Issue 10

Randy S Miller meistersinger1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 13:05:13 PDT 2008

On Sep 5, 2008, at 11:01 AM, dailydrool-request at dailydrool.org wrote:

> Message: 16
> Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 07:22:28 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Anna P <angelicpawlosia at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Dailydrool] little Watson and a %^&%$^% kid in the park
> To: dailydrool at dailydrool.org
>
> Hi Katie!
> ?
> I am outraged and I cannot imagine how angry you must have been when
> it ALMOST happened.
> ?
> I gotta say that it's a tough one.
> I have no idea what I would have done in a situation like that in a
> real world - when people are not intimidated by a fact that "a
> foreigner" pointed something out to them...
> ?
> One day I was walking Pepe and this girl (around 8-10 years old)
> picked up a stone and threw it at Pepe. She missed. Her mother was
> walking behind her and just stared. Didn't say a word. I got angry
> and said "GA MA NA???" Which basically means "what do you think
> you're doing", but it's a phrase?that even if said quietly expresses
> a lot of anger. The mother jumped up and screamed at her daughter. I
> am not sure if it was to satisfy me only, a little show for?"a crazy
> foreigner", but the girl looked scared for a moment and quickly ran
> away, the mother apologized.
> 2 days ago another situation - me and Pepe come out of the elevator
> in my building and 2 boys are playing in the hall. One comes running
> to Pepe, pets him, and then turns around and when Pepe is passing he
> tries to kick him! I got p#$%#$!!! I grabed him and shook him a
> little telling him that it was not OK what he did. The little brat
> just laughed!!!
> ?
> It scares me?how little people pay attention to educating their
> children on proper animal?treatment...I know I am not making this
> kind of mistake!
> ?
> Very concerned,
> ?
> Anna, Pepe and Lulu ATB
> ?
> p.s. Please hug you Watson for me please.

Now you know why I'm glad I never got my teacher certifications.  I
still believe in "Spare the rod, spoil the child."  I would have been
in jail for striking a child in today's educational environment.

To make this basset-related, if this would have happened to Daisy
(ATB), she would have turned on the kid and bit 'em.  Of course, this
would have had further legal problems.

Randy