[Dailydrool] A belated but HUGE THANK YOU

Susan Randolph msrandolph at verizon.net
Fri Sep 5 17:46:56 PDT 2008

This is a humble but sincere THANK YOU for all the wonderful drool, cards, hats, greetings, gifts, and kind thoughts that I received over the last few weeks from the ENTIRE drool clan!!! It's amazing how terrific a community hug from my fellow droolers feels.

Thanks to the mods and Cat and Melynda (who discretely circulated news about my silly old brain aneurysm), I received the most wonderful array of thanks and gifts -- more than 200 cards and packages! I stopped counting after 200. The most amazing assortment of "stuff" arrived each day at the hospital and at my home -- and my parents (who tended to my abandonde babies) enjoyed opening the cards and packages!

I wish I could list every great item, but I'm afraid I'd miss someone. Needless to say I have the most amazing choice of basset hats and headwear, t-shirts and goodies. Both Jean Harris and Jacquelyn Chazey sent AMAZING care packages of FOOD FOOD FOOD. My parents are forever grateful -- as am I.

I hope I will get a chance to catch up and send personal thanks to everyone -- but my computer "brain" also suffered a wee implosion while I was hospitalized, and I've lost more than 1300 e-mails received over the last month. So I apologize for any oversights -- but please know that I have kept every single card and note and have created a wonderful display that makes me smile everytime I pass by.

So far, I'm recuperating well from my brain aneurysm of Aug 4 and expect be back at 100% or so in a few weeks! Meanwhile, I'm looking pretty stylish in all the fun hats and headwear (you should SEE the beautiful embossing from Cookie and Dona Kare-Kowalski and all the others -- Oh MY but I'll be stylin'!).

So HUGE thanks and hugs to all of my Drooler family!! You are the best!

Susan (slave to Toby and Daisy)