[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 22, Issue 11

Saraberry at aol.com Saraberry at aol.com
Fri Sep 5 19:59:37 PDT 2008

In a message dated 9/5/2008 1:04:12 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dailydrool-request at dailydrool.org writes:

When we  come in, we turn on the TV (he likes
Nickelodeon and CNN) and start  ignoring Humphrey. 15 minutes before "go
time" we give him a big rawhide or  a bone filled with frozen peanut butter
so that he's engaged with that way  ahead of our leaving. The most important
thing we learned in trying to curb  Hum's separation anxiety, though, is that
he's big on routine. Every day,  for months, we would make him sit, stay, and
then we'd leave the apartment  for increasing intervals - first 10 seconds,
then 30, etc, up to half an  hour. It took a LONG time to get up to half an
hour, but once we hit that  threshold, we were immediately able to increase
our abscene and can now go  out to dinner, to a movie,  etc.