[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's rediscovered youth

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Sat Sep 6 12:14:43 PDT 2008

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela is like a young puppy now that her new kitty Georgia Catlett is in residence.  She tears through the house doing the Basset 250 (since the other participant is not a basset) whenever Georgia goes through the area.  She is sleeping much less, partly because Georgia likes to jump on her when she sleeps.  She is eating her food when I first put it down for her, mostly because the cat eats from her bowl and drinks from her water dish.  She goes into barking and baying spells when the cat gets out of her reach.

Georgia is very tolerant of Angela and is willing to tolerate snuffles and rather vigorous probing from our Diva.  It seems as though the volume of hair in the house has not increased, but that may be because the cat is a calico, mostly black, but truly tricolor, closely resembling Miss Angela's coloration.

All in all, Miss Angela is quite happy with her new kitten.  On a few occasions, she protests at her tail being chased, her dish being violated and her sleep interrupted, but she is so used to having her fans (frequently neighborhood children) demand her attention that this seems to be little more annoying.
I, on the other hand, am not sure about the whole situation.  But I'll get my licks in next week.  I have to put new strings on my mandolin and banjo and warm up for the big Walnut Valley Festival at Winfield in two weeks.  Any Droolers going to be there?

Bill (I hate putting new strings on the mandolin)
Angela (just keep the noise down.  I'm trying to catch up on my beauty sleep)