[Dailydrool] Drool - sending and asking

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Sun Sep 7 12:11:40 PDT 2008

We send out lots of drool to all who need it - Mitchell, hope you doin' better! And for all the families and houndies who have gone to the Bridge, especially sweet baby Olive.

My little girl Doheny just got home from the emergency vet.  I let her out around noon and she peed on the patio instead of the grass. Her pee looked like a watered down latte - dark and cloudy. She has been eating fine and acting normal, but if my pee looked like that I wouldn't want to wait any longer than necessary to get it checked out. I sucked some up with a syringe and headed off to the VetLady. They of course did a sterile bladder tap, vs the sample I sucked off the patio, and found lots of white blood cells, red cells TNTC (too numerous to count) and it was positive for bilirubin. She is not jaudiced and has no other signs, so we think the bili is from the degredation of the tons of RBCs in there. They actually didn't see any bacteria, which does concern me, but we sent a culture and are starting antibiotics. They will call in a few days with the results of the culture and we will see if we need to change antibiotics or do any further testing. Poor girl must have been mise
rable with an infection that bad, though she never let on! I gave her first pill in some ice cream to try and cheer her up. I'll see if there is a change in a day or so when the Abx kick in.

So if there is a little drool to spare to help clear Doheny's infection, or what ever is going on, she would appreciate it!