[Dailydrool] ink cartridges and grumps

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 04:51:57 PDT 2008

Is any rescue collecting used ink cartridges from printers to benefit the
hounds?  I have many. I picked up a few bags from PetSmart to benefit them,
but would prefer to benefit basset rescue (or doxie) if any were collecting.

Maggie has been grumpy. Not sure if the pups just tick her off.  If either
of the boys (4 legged) come near her, then she grumbles at them.  If they
even walk by her then she lets off a grumble, even if it appears she is
sleeping.  I bet she just doesn't want to be bothered by the youngins at her
age.  Well, then again she is the leader of the doggy pack.

Mazzie has also been very crabby.  She is 5, but she is the one with fusion
in her back and a bum front leg.  The issue is though that she was snippy
with both my 11 and 9 year olds (2 leggers) this weekend. She actually tried
to "bite" them. I don't mean ferocioulsy, but she did try to nip them.
Before anyone comments on the kids, they know their boundries and also how
to greet a dog, take care of, and knows their limits with the dogs. They
have been around many fosters, etc. and know their stuff.  Mazzie goes
through times that she becomes aggressive. It is not for health issues as I
have taken her to the vets each time.  She goes all submissive on the vets.
Another thing, the kids are above the hounds here in the big pack order.
Mazzie snapped at all three dogs multiple times this weekend. On Sunday
night, I ended up making her stay in a different room for fear that she
would hurt one of the dogs or kids.  This morning she already started in
too. There was a squirrel in the backyard and she ran out with the other 2
hounds and then she turned around and tried to bite Oliver.  I am honestly
just upset about this.  I have informed the children to stay away from her.
In the past I was afraid that she was too grouchy to live here. It could be
from her back, but the vet claims she is numb in the back section and not in
pain.  He maneuvered her legs and everything and she didn't even flinch
about it.   I am hoping that it is just another phase.  I can't let it get
to the point that she hurts one of us or another dog that lives here.  Maybe
I will put her back on her taurine.  Any reasonable suggestions I am up
for.  The vet has warned me that she will end up having to euthanized, but
from a loss of walking, bowel and bladder control, etc.  Her body structure
is just not what it should be. She is not a candidate for surgery as she can
still walk fine and any surgery could result in making her worse.  She is
from the humane society so she has a past of 2 years that we don't totally
know about.  Please let today be a good day.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper