[Dailydrool] King Rufus, losses, poo eating

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:07:52 PDT 2008

Well Rupert as you see I am trying for the OEBE Does ya think it will be
much longer before I can Join??

Good wishes to all

King Rufus
It would appear that King Rufus left out one little detail of his first OEBE
deed.  I helped transport the Arkansas 11, including Rufus.  Since his
fosteryeahright family lived where I live, then they just came over to my
house to get him.  Well, first thing Rufus does (after meeting my pack
outside and having a chance to potty) is to stroll into my house where many
other fosters have been.  He then cocked his leg and peed on my couch!  Not
just a quick mark the couch, but a full fledge "oh I have been waiting to
get this pee out" , well, pee.  At this time, I was the foster coordinator
for ABC Basset Rescue.  I even had Rylee the hound here (Cassie the Bassie's
sister) and she did not decide to pee on my couch.  Rufus is so adorable
that many people on the transport stops were trying to adopt him. I even
thought of it.  Well, in walks Rufus' fosteryeahright parents and he just
loves them up and nudges up to them like he is Mr. Innocent.  Well, it is an
act. LOL.  He wrapped them around his Kingly paw before they even left my
house that day.  Now, the honey moon phase is over.  Rufus definitely
belongs in OEBE because he has got the I am so sweet look down, but that is
his clever disguise.  I wonder, King Rufus, did you teach my sweet ol'
basset girls to get into the trash when I wasn't looking?  We have had 3 or
4 instances since you were here, now that I think of it.  C'mon, admit it
already.

On a more serious note, my sincerest apologies to everyone who have lost a 2
legger or 4 legger within the past 50 or so drool digests that I was
behind.  That is just way too many. One is too many, but the number and just
the time frame is alot to take in.  It makes me appreciate my Mag pie more.

Speaking of Mag pie, she is a poo eater too.  She only eats her own (trying
to swallow the gag reflex) and I was told it is because she can smell the
food still in there.  She is not on the thin size either.  One of her
nickname's is Maggie Mae Moo Cow. Oh, how I love her. Kisses are placed on
her paw, ears, snout and well not near her poo eating mouth. I like to bury
my face in the folds at the side of her neck by her collar and nuzzle up to
her.

Well, potty break for the 4 leggers.
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper