[Dailydrool] Today's Calendar Houndies

HTSimpson1 at aol.com HTSimpson1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 09:55:07 PDT 2008

Today  is The Three Snufflers calendar day!  All three turned 11 this year --
 including Quincey Magoo who had a birthday yesterday!
Princess  Juliet the Magnificent and Quincey Magoo had the same daddy,
different mommas,  born a week apart.  I was looking for a male to be company for my
then 13  year old female, Chanel, who had just lost her soul mate, Rufus T.
Boofus.   It was pointed out to me that Q. M. was only 4 months old and that I
would  probably be getting him a companion in the near future (in actuality,
Chanel was  around for another three years before succumbing to two bouts with
bloat).   So . . . we took both Q. M. and Princess Juliet.  The two of them
have  been inseparable since that Thanksgiving weekend when they snuggled
together and  slept the 2 hours home, legs intertwined.  Chanel never really took to
them – whenever they tried to play tug of war  with her ears, she usually put
them in her place.  They never really listened to her  though.  Of course,
whenever they  came home from the vetman or other prolonged trip, she had to
check them out . .  . then it was back to normal, bark, bark, bark, three ring
circus back in  town!
Alexis  T. Wigglebutt was a foster failure.  She came into BROOD as a
"medically  challenged" houndie.  I spent many, many hours nursing her back to
health.  Thousands of dollars later and a couple of months spoon feeding  her and
giving sub q fluids, she finally took a turn for the better (we never  did
discover what ailed her).  She  was my velcro dog and it took several years before
she trusted men and young  boys.  We think she had been abused,  but she
never did tell us the story . . .  lol.  When it came time to  interview a new
forever family for her, I looked into those eyes . . . she was  already home and
we never looked back.
So,  today we celebrate their time on earth with us.  While there will be no
corned beef and  cabbage tonight, I’m sure I can come up with something just
as  tasty!
Healing  drool for everyone in need – many tears have been shed these last
few  months.
Slurps  and Snooter Kisses,
Holly  and The Three Snufflers