[Dailydrool] condolences to you all

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Wed Sep 10 12:28:03 PDT 2008

There is so much sadness in our drool family right now.  I can hardly stand to read any more with Paddy, Casey, Jimmy, Baylie, and others leaving us.  Haven't caught up on the whole thing, so I am sure that I am missing some names.
Even more sadness with the beloved slaves Pat and Mary returning to the Creator as well.
Please accept this small comfort.  I do hate to send group messages, but my time only allows one, when I would love to send 6 or more individual messages.  You all deserve acknowledgement for your special devotion and love.
I believe in the overwhelming and all encompassing love of Yahweh the Creator.  What I consistently see from my fellow droolers is that we make the choice, every day, to love one another, support one another, and honor one another's commitment to a common goal of good stewardship of the gift of houndie love that we have been blessed with.  I believe that God honors that too.  He weeps with us in our pain, even as He joyfully enfolds His returning one into His love.  Let us uplift the wounded spirits among us with prayers for comfort and peace.  Dogs are eternally hopeful creatures, with love for us even when we do wrong, forgiveness if we simply accept it, and steadfast courage when our courage fails.  To care for them is to care for a gift that comes directly from God.  They are great examples of faith, hope, love, trust, devotion, courage, and joy.  The world would be a better place if we could all be more like our dogs (except for the butt sniffing and poop eating...)
To all the families who are hurting out there, I pray that you weep when you need to, laugh when you feel able, and find comfort in knowing that you are loved by a love greater than yourself.

Grace and peace to you and your households
Gaylene Opal-Deitering
My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a reflection of it!