[Dailydrool] (no subject)

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Thu Sep 11 02:04:12 PDT 2008

<<Ok, so today I left chloe for about 4 hours out of her crate.   Great.  I come home and she did not potty anywhere!!  I let her out  for about 15-20 minutes and then she comes in and P's on the floor??  What  is up with that??  Is she just excited that I am home or is she P  O'ed??>>

I think Chloe has just not quite caught onto the whole pottying thing, though she may be very close to it.

I had a young foster whom I took for a long walk, probably around 45 minutes. The whole time I kept hoping she would do her business, but nooo, she had to hold it all in. When I was pretty much exhausted, I brought her home. She peed in the house. But when she got adopted, a few days later, her new folks had her perfectly trained it a couple of weeks. She almost had it, but who knows what made her hold on all that time, like a camel.

When I trained our Jane, I know I thought it would never happen. We'd get very close, then she'd suddenly have another accident. I'd think we were back to square one, but we weren't. Eventually she just got it, and accidents were a thing of the past. She never had them after that, though once, when I was not listening to her (we had guests), she had an accident right in front of me. I know it was on purpose, with lots of payback.

Keep doing what you've been doing, and it will happen. Consistency and persistency are the keys. Just show her you're as stubborn as any basset.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets