[Dailydrool] Ahroo-ba may have a home!!!

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Thu Sep 11 06:54:03 PDT 2008

Bambi,
Anytime that I have placed one of the many homeless furbabies that have found the beacon on my house, I ask for a vet reference. I would just ask the person in AL. if the yard where Ahroo-ba will play and do his business is fenced and ask for pictures of the yard.  I also ask if they rent or own a home.  If they rent I ask for a letter or phone number from/for the landlord that states a basset hound is approved. The safest way and the one that will put your mind at ease is to go and meet them at their home and see how they interact.  I have also made sure they know that if it does not work out that the furbaby comes back to me.  I also check up from time to time.  .
Have you thought about having one of the basset rescues help you with placing Ahroo-ba?  The potential parents would have to fill out the application and then a home screening would be done.  Just a suggestion.
I know that you have a difficult decision ahead of you.  Let your heart help guide you with the decision.  If you have any doubts about the potentials then don't let Ahroo-ba go with them.  We will keep both of you in our prayers.
Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang
Ruby Doo, Tucker, Abby, Sadie, Teeka, Gregor and Cuddles