[Dailydrool] Ahroo-ba may have a home!!!

balange balange at olemiss.edu
Thu Sep 11 00:16:33 PDT 2008

I want to thank this drool family all so much for all the
support in my crazy life. After reading from others, Ive
decided its really not all that bad. But in order to be fair
to all, I have still been looking for a new home for
Ahroo-ba. He was listed on a breeder site as in need of a
home for me, not as a breeder, but as a wonderful person. It
was a way to get his pretty little face out there in the
basset world, with no shelters having room for him. So, in
the past week, I have had two people contact me about him.
Strange how its either feast or famine. Anyway, Im trying to
figure out how to go about this. Obviously Im not just going
to send him off to just anyone. I truly do love him, and
thats WHY Im looking for someone to keep him. He is such a
sweetheart and deserves more time and attention than I have
right now. That being said, I do still intend to ask for
visitation hehe. even my mom is in a lather over getting to
see him again with his new parents.
But on with the question. I know to ask basics Will he be an
inside dog? Do you have a fenced in yard? Will someone be
home with him? Kids, other pets, vacations. That kind of
thing. But I feel like Im missing something. Im so scared Im
going to screw this up. I would like to insist on visiting
the home obviously, or at least sweet-talking some basset
parent out there who is closer into visiting, since the
first person he was pulled for lied about a fenced in yard.
E-Gads! Scared the poo out of me ever since then. One family
is in AL, 21 year old son, normally someone home during the
day, but I dont know if we are miscommunication or what. I
cant seem to figure out if they have a fence. I know they
have seven acres and a garage and a heated and cooled bonus
room, but Im missing the yard thing. I am a stickler for a
leash, my boys go no where without one unless it is in the
house or in our little yard. But am I being too strict? I
know some droolers allow off leash play, and I wish I had
your nerves. I become a basket case anytime they are off
leash. Anyway, another just contacted me tonight and seems
excited, and I do not know how to make a choice. I never
thought there would be more than one. BTW, I will be
directing one of these two to a nearby rescue depending on
who does and who doesn't get along with Ahroo-ba. So be on
the lookout for a possible basset parent. I just want to do
what is right by this little boy. Im sure gonna miss him,
but hopefully Im doing the right thing. It feels like it, it
just hurts.
thanks for listening
Love and snooters to all in need
PS Nigel and Llewis, we DO need stories.
Bambi and da boys