[Dailydrool] a perfect team

Anna P angelicpawlosia at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 07:01:45 PDT 2008

Hi!

First of all we would like to send drool to all in need, especially to the families who very recently lost their furbabies. We light candles every night so that they don't get lost and safely get to the bridge.

Steve, thank you for the update on Wyatt. We are very happy that he has managed to stay with you longer than anyone had expected. We understand your pain and will support you in your decision of letting your boy go when you think it's best time for him.

I read the post about how Ms Beasley grieves by sleeping in Mary's bed with her socks. It was so hard to read about...When our human relatives pass away we understand why, we are capable of explaining it...and I think it helps us through the painful experience...but when a furbaby loses their mama it's like they are left in complete darkness with little understanding of what really happened...Please give Ms Beasley hugs from us. I am so sorry that the both of you have to go through so much pain.

We are also sending hugs and drool to Becky and Morse. We really hope it's nothing serious. Morse, please stay healthy!!!!

Now, Akitas.
There are 2 in our compund and Pepe hates them both. They are curious about Pepe, never aggressive, but as soon as they start sniffing hello, Pepe is ready to bite with very little warning. I wasn't very surprised to see that after I have noticed that Pepe doesn't react well to bigger than him dogs. What surprises me though is that Golden Retrievers and Labladors are no problem for Pepe, he's very friendly with them...go figure.

A perfect team part.

I have mentioned before that my son and Pepe collaborate very well with each other.
I've been observing them closely and it's like they have some kind of secret language.
Yesterday I bought some cake and made tea and me and hubby were sitting at the table while Pepe was drooling and staring at me and my son was just throwing toys around.
My son doesn't eat cakes so wasn't much interested but after a while my son came to Pepe, petted him and them came to me and started asking for a piece of cake. I gave him a piece which was immediately passed to Pepe's mouth. Since Pepe just ate I said no more. My son didn't agree. First was just whining a little to give him another piece of cake but I said no and my son started crying. I mean faking it.
My hubby was just watching and said that it looks like Pepe is telling him "cry cry, they'll give it to you". I started laughing because it really looked like it! Pepe was kind of looking at Sebastian, moving his head as if saying "go on, keep on trying, cry, shout louder, they'll eventually give in wanting to shut you up" :-))))))))
It's amazing how they interact with each other. It's like they have this understanding.  It scares me to think what they are going to be able to evil plan when Sebastian gets older!

How about other droolers with little children??? Do your bassets "use them"? Any stories to share?

Drool to all!

Anna, Pepe and Lulu ATB

      Get your new Email address!