[Dailydrool] More Drool Please

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 14:20:05 PDT 2008

Ok, so Doheny's urine culture came back negative and her urine still looks like crap. Back to the vet - we got a very pretty picture of all her calcium oxalate bladder stones.....She is having surgery next Thursday to remove them and she will be on canned Hills U/D for the rest of her life, no treats or bones for quite a while, with urinalysis every couple of weeks to start, and xrays every 3-4 months forever to see if they start to recur. If they do, she will need bladder irrigations to fluch them out when they are little to avoid surgery if they get big.

Researching these, it says they are mostly in males, rare in females. Leave it to my girl...

So, some "healthy bladder drool" would be good right about now.

Also, Baja the St. Bernard had another seizure, so we got baseline lab work. Still holding off on meds unless the are more frequent or last longer. I'm also switching to California Natural to minimize any supplements that may be affecting him.

Busy week here in New Hampshire!!!

Drool to all in need, and special thoughts for those lost on 9/11.

Synthia and
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Doheny, Kahuna
Ace the Newf
Saintly Miss Maggie & Baja