[Dailydrool] Ear Yeasties

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 08:46:41 PDT 2008

Hi Droolers,
Sally had her first appointment with the Doctor Lady last night, and overall
she's doing great. She's now been a proud American citizen for two whole
weeks.

She's at 35.3 pounds, heartworm and fecal parasite negative so we'll be
starting her on Interceptor as soon as the prescription is filled. The vet
in Ecuador told us that the climate in that country is such that there is no
heartworm, so they don't even bother to test their dogs for it. Well, our
backyard is a mosquito haven (despite the bats and spiders!) so we had to
make sure she's taken care of.

Only two minor problems -- Sally has a minor yeast infection in her ears,
and the vet aspirated a hard lump in her neck, which fortunately was just
"cheesey."

Any recommendations on the best ear cleaning products for houndies? Vet said
she can give us a prescription strength if the infections become chronic,
but an OTC cleaner once or twice a month should be fine. What do you
suggest, faithful droolers?

She's getting better each day with her separation anxiety ... She's starting
to get used to our routine and she's learning that when mom and dad go to
work, she gets her frozen peanut butter Kong!

Drool to all,
Emily, Matt, and Sally Girl