[Dailydrool] Lovey Lu aka Belle the basset beardie

Marge Montalbano margemonty at wowway.com
Fri Sep 12 15:51:02 PDT 2008

It is with dripping tears and heavy heart that I send this post after what
seems like an eternity of being "away".  I have privately mourned dear Lovey
Lu with her family and shared our condolences, but one can never hear too
many good things about our loved ones - 2 and 4 legged.

A little background:  I became an avid member of this elite and slightly
askew group of hound lovers in 1999 after the loss of our dear Molly.  A
search of the internet brought me to the Drool and Nancy G.; who put us in
touch with Melissa & Jo of MBR.  After a Nick-zillion phone calls (today
they call it harassment) and 4 days later, we were on our way home with our
lovely Lucy (should I mention she loves her dad-slave more than me? but I
regress).  Just few weeks later we discovered that Lucy was pregnant.  Oh
oh.

July 17, 1999 was a day I will never forget.  It was the day I got a crash
course in puppy mid-wifery from Melissa and Jo (doG bless them).  We
witnessed the arrival of 8 perfect black & white basset beardie puppies.
This group of semi-hounds (I like to think their best half is basset) made
our summer fly by and filled our house with puppy breath and love.  The time
flew by quickly and it was soon time for our dear sweet babies to go to
their forever homes.  The first (Gracie) went to our son & DIL; the next
(Dottie now Nellie) to Wis. to live with a (oh my) beardie family; two
(Eldon now Chase and Heidi) joined fellow MBR volunteer families; Abbey and
Conrad went to local homes arranged by MBR; Felix is my baby; and last but
not least, Belle (lovely Lovey Lu) was literally pulled from my arms when
Bonnie B. drove her to Buffalo to be with her forever family, Marti & Den.

Lovey Lu was 1 of 8 unique, endearing, friendly, quirky, funny and loving
hounds.  She will be dearly missed by so many. I know our Molly was one of
many to meet her at the gates to welcome her home.

Marge M
Forever Mom to MommaLucy, SonFelix, Miss Suzie Q (and Molly ATB)
Sterling Heights, MI