[Dailydrool] Morse, Maggie, Annie, etc

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 17:15:44 PDT 2008

First off, sending drool to Morse across the ocean who had us as his secret
pawtner this year.  We will be eating some of those yummy treats you sent
and drooling for you.

First off, 3 out of 4 of our hounds are barkers.  We closed the curtains
after it got dark which brings down the amount of barking.  I was in the
kitchen and Maggie was laying there and just started barking. I was thinking
what is she looking at and why is she barking with the curtains closed.  I
followed her line of vision and saw what she was barking at. My 11 year old
daughter had on an Ariel (Little Mermaid) red wig and Maggie thought she was
an intruder from the side view. When my daughter turned to look at her
Maggie stopped barking.

Also, I have noticed Maggie is getting more and more stubborn with age.
She'll go out in the far corner of the fenced back yard and just sit and
stare at nothing and refuses to come in.  She pretends she doesn't hear us,
but she does because she cannot control that wagging tail of hers.
Sometimes she is often stubborn to even go outside. Tonight I think I
figured out why.  When I ask them to go out, I call their names.  Everyone
else here calls "Come on dogs, lets go out" and Maggie doesn't move. Maggie
does not answer to dog and I think it is hysterical.  If I hear them saying
dogs, then I tell the other humans here that they have names.  I don't say
come here kid or husband or whatever.

Thanks so much for sharing the video of Annie.  What a gorgeous girl. I love
the close up picture and she looked so cute in a hat.  I was watching the
video and didn't want to miss a picture so I was eating ice cream and
watching the screen. Then I figured out that there was nothing on the spoon.
The ice cream had landed on my shirt instead. Oh well, it was worth it.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver & Cooper