[Dailydrool] Phred's Red Wine is Unleashed! (Rescues, please note)

BAmox at aol.com BAmox at aol.com
Sat Sep 13 15:12:01 PDT 2008

Dear Droolers,

At long last "Phred's Red" wine is now available. For those who are
relatively new to the Drool Community, Phred was a long time Drooler and truly one in a
million hound who left for the bridge just over a year ago after nearly 14
wonderful years with me. As a winery owner/winemaker in Sonoma County I wanted
to do something special in his memory. I set aside some of my best red wines
from the 2005 vintage and created Phred's Red, with the bulk of the proceeds
from sales of the wine going to national rescue groups. Meanwhile I am making
some Phred's Red available to rescue groups at no charge for their fundraising
efforts upon request, I only ask to be reimbursed for actual shipping costs
unless we can find an alternate way to transport it. If you are in a rescue group
and would like details, please contact me off list.

This is intended to be special occasion wine and no cost was spared in
producing it. It is composed of 76% merlot and 24% cabernet sauvignon from two very
fine Sonoma County vineyards. The same grapes go into another very famous
winery's wines that retail for $50 and more. It is rich, generous, mouthfilling
and complex with flavors of red stone fruits and finishes with a hint of spice.
It pairs beautifully with any Hound's favorite foods like roasted or grilled
meats, or even chocolate. Cellared properly it will age beautifully for years
(like Phred did!). That said, the wine re-tails for $28 a bottle.....and I will
extend Droolers a 20% discount if they wish. The bulk of the proceeds go to
rescue but I want Droolers to have a chance to enjoy the wine.

 I must say, I feel the packaging turned out as well as the wine did. The
label is a parchment scroll with Phred's bespectacled mug prominently displayed
(yes, he wore goggles in his convertible), adorned in gold and ornate script.
I'll be happy to email graphics of the label art to anyone who would like to
see them.

This is sure to become a collector's item. Even if you don't drink wine maybe
you know someone who does. This would make a great gift, whether acquired
directly or from your local rescue's fundraiser (who must, of course, comply with
all applicable laws). It is also available by contacting me off list (we can
ship to most states) and at our winery near San Francisco where humans and
hounds are always welcome.

Finally, if you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, rumor has it that Phred's
Red will be making a short notice cameo appearance at Golden Gate Basset
Rescue's Septemberfest event TONIGHT, Saturday, September 13th in Novato! So check
out details at http://www.ggbassetrescue.org/ and get on over there. Even if
you can't attend you can buy tickets online for a raffle with over 100 items
and a sensational grand prize, a trip to the Indy 500!

Thank you for all your support on behalf of the hounds in need!

Robert and Phred (ATB)

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,