[Dailydrool] A New Flower at the Bridge

Odineks odenix at swcp.com
Sat Sep 13 20:06:43 PDT 2008

Marigold
Gotcha Day March 1, 2003  -  A sad farewell Sept. 13, 2008

Six years ago as we were still mourning the loss of Kerstie, it came
to me that I wanted my next basset to be named Marigold. I found this
beautiful basset already named Marigold on Petfinder and she was only
about 500 miles away in Tucson so I emailed AZBHR and asked if she
was available and what was her story. I was told that she had been
"backdoored" out of a kill shelter into Arizona Basset Rescue covered
in ticks and suffering from tick fever and that she was now in a
foster home recovering.

Her description read "Marigold (Mari) is one of our sweetest flowers
in the garden (her foster mom had been a florist). This 5 YO (?)
tricolor female was rescued from a shelter and obviously had a
difficult life. Mari is a submissive little girl who seems to love
everyone and is so grateful to AZBHR for the care and kindness she
has been receiving. . . . . . . The only prerequisite Mari needs is a
kind owner she could love forever."

We applied and after her recovery and waiting four long months we
were able to bring her home and give her the love she deserved. She
made herself at home and became our alpha girl. She was our 6th
basset and the first one that we didn't know the whole story. It was
believed she had been a puppy mill breeder because her front teeth
were ground down from possibly gnawing on a wire fence. I often
thought she had escaped her hell and was eventually picked up and
taken to a shelter. She never shared her past other than she didn't
like fireworks, gun shots and horses and she was the only basset that
would not kiss us.

Sweet Marigold we can't believe that you are now gone from our lives
and how the five and a half years you shared with us seemed to fly
by. We hope that you have found Kia at Rainbow Bridge and she has
escorted you to the buffet  because you never met any food you didn't
like (especially our tomatoes). We know Kerstie sent you to heal our
broken hearts.

A video tribute to Marigold:
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/jodinek/?
action=view&current=TributetoMarigold.flv

	- Judy & R.T. (broken hearted foodslaves in NM), Pumpkin Pie & Abby
(missing their pawtner in crime)

Thank you AZBHR and other hard working rescues that make such a
difference in the dogs lives