[Dailydrool] Finally closed the sneaky plan

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Sun Sep 14 09:17:47 PDT 2008

I don't know if I'm getting old (yes I do know I am) or if my technique is losing its appeal, but it took me going on three weeks to close this sneaky plan I've been working on.

I first brought up the fact we "need" another hound.  Did not go over well with the DH.  Moved on to looking on PetFinder and the Rescue sites.  Saved and showed him pictures.  No response.  Wouldn't even look sometimes.

Narrowed my selection down.  Asked him which he liked best.  Told me in no uncertain terms we were not getting another dog.  Our house is too small, we've got a good routine going now, everybody is happy (everybody but me), blah, blah, blah.

Decided on the little girl I thought would be best for us.  Then he "crunched the numbers", which was pretty impressive given he could tell me how much we spent on treats alone versus food and vet bills.  He's obviously been thinking on this and preparing.  I see how you play.  I hated to do it, but I had to play hard ball.

We went on a 50-mile bike ride in Tennesse.  Perfect for me.  If I was going to close this thing, it had to be now.  To make a long story short, at mile 35 he gave in, completely and totally.  I can't believe it took me 35 miles to accomplish this.  And this is the first time in my life I have had to give concessions to him.   Don't like it, but one of life's little necessities.

Anyway, yesterday we drove to Scottsboro, AL, to pick up 6-month old Lillie Pearl, the sweetest little thing in the world.  She is smalled boned and somewhat petite, especially compared to thick as a brick Lowretta.  She rode sleeping curled up by me the entire way home.  We got home and introduced her to her new family.  She loved everyone and everything.

Thank you to Alabama Basset and Bloodhound Rescue for saving this little girl and giving us a chance to give her the best home we can possibly provide.  Her foster mom was very sad at letting her go, and having known Lillie Pearl for 24 hours I can't imagine how she was able to give her up.

So now Lowretta, Stanley and Beachbaby have a new sister, Lillie Pearl.  Lowretta and Lillie Pearl have already shown signs of becoming partners in crime.

Welcome to your new forever home, Lillie Pearl!!!!  We love you so much.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Lillie Pearl, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)