[Dailydrool] Sophie the pack rat

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Mon Sep 15 11:13:00 PDT 2008

Diva and Sophie had quite a weekend.  I had a huge slumber party for my
daughter, Jasmine, who turns 9 tomorrow, and I knew it would be very
exciting and overwhelming for Diva and Sophie, so they got a long, long,
exhausting walk just before the party, and then they plopped down in my
bedroom and passed out while the guests were arriving.  Well I knew just
when they got up because there were whimpers and then whines and then
barks and whimpers combined and then just all out "we're not having this
anymore, let us out now momma" coming from the room.  So my daughter
went in to get something from my room and the dogs ran past her and all
you could hear was 16 little girls shrieking at the top of their
lungs!!!  The dogs ran in and started jumping around and licking them
and trying to play with them...they didn't realize some of the little
girls were afraid of dogs or didn't realize they were just playing with
them.  So we got things calmed down, and everyone was ok after a while,
and then things started disappearing!!!   First it was a hairbrush, then
someone's stuffed octopus, then a sock and a shoe, and finally, I saw
the culprit...little Ms. Sophie!  She was hunkered down around the side
of the sofa, looking around to see if anyone was watching, and then
she'd tiptoe over and quietly snatch whatever she was going for, and
slither away, belly to the floor, tail tucked between her legs, trying
to be as quiet and stealth as a 50 lb. goofy basset hound can be.  So I
followed her to see what she was doing with all this stuff, and lo and
behold, she was taking it into the bathroom and putting it in the
bathroom cabinet under the sink, where, oddly enough, Choncey the cat
was also hiding out!  It was so funny!!  She walked in, looked around
and the cabinet door would open just a little then shut back, then open
a little then shut back.  The cat was inside the cabinet, pushing on the
door to get out, and Sophie would stick her nose in when he pushed the
door a crack, and then open it up and stick in the goodies that she'd
snatched from the kids.  Then she'd let the door shut back, locking poor
Choncey in there until she came back!!  It was sooo funny  I couldn't be
mad at her.  There must have been 10 things in there that she'd snatched
and was hiding, along with a very irritated Choncey cat under the sink
in the bathroom!!  When she saw me and knew she was busted, she had that
look, you know the one, and she just sat there with her tail going
"thwump, thwump, thwump, thwump" on the ground.  Clever girl!!!

Jessica L. Sutton

Financial Management Professionals

6034 W. Courtyard Drive, Suite 380  -  Austin, TX 78730

(512) 329-5174  -office             (512) 329-5176   -fax

Jessica at FMProfessionals.com <mailto:Jessica at FMProfessionals.com>