[Dailydrool] Val, Bo & Harley - Re: Laffy Taffy

Susan Timmerman stimmerman at embarqmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:14:19 PDT 2008

<<Snooters to all from Bo and Harley.
Susan, I would think that you would have no trouble getting the breeder to
give you Laffy Taffy after you let the breeder know that L.T. carries a
genetic disorder.? I doubt the breeder would want to introduce PDA (what is
that?) into her stock.? Good luck.>>

First, please thank Bo and Harley for the snooters...give them both a belly
rub from me!  PDA is a heart defect.  I think (and sometimes I don't think
very well) that it's basically that the blood runs backward in the heart.  I
will be the first to admit that I could be wrong though.  But, no, the
breeder did not care that Laffy Taffy was carrying that gene.  Not all the
puppies would be born with PDA...some would just carry that gene (the
females - from what I read before it's the females that carry the gene but
males can have the full blown PDA).  We did tell the breeder about that
after Mustang Sally died.  She basically didn't care.  We even offered her
money then for Laffy Taffy.  She said no, she wanted to breed her one more
time but with a different male.  That shows you that she did not "get" that
the male wouldn't matter....Laffy Taffy is the one with the "problem".

Susan
Mom to Gertie, Jolly & Mustang Sally (ATB) and
hopefully soon to be Mom to Laffy Taffy

Please visit us at Chappy's Place
http://www.chappysplace.net

7 Bells Sanctuary - Senior Pet Rescue