[Dailydrool] OMBR's 2nd Annual Picnic is almost here!

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 18:06:24 PDT 2008

--------------------------------
ARE YOU READY?  Are you planning your basset's costume for the Costume
Contest?  Have you begun collecting pledges so your basset can be King
or Queen of the Games?  Fall is coming, and with it, on Saturday,
October 25th (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.), in Rogers, Arkansas, is our second
annual Basset Games and Picnic!  This is also our main yearly
fundraiser, so we really need your support!   And... our Picnic is at
a fenced, OFF-LEASH park!  Bring your hounds to romp and play, to ROO!
 and Run!  Se all the details at http://ombr.org/picnic.htm.

King and Queen Pledge Drive:  The boy and girl hounds whose humans
raise the most money in donations will be crowned King and Queen, to
reign until next year's Games!  You can gather pledges online now,
using First Giving! This is a fast, easy and very powerful way to
collect more donations for OMBR!  Simply follow the instructions
http://www.firstgiving.com/npo/15444 to create your own fundraising
page; then mail to to everyone you know!  See
http://www.firstgiving.com/sherryfaulkner for a sample page that
Sherry created for her rescue basset Reggie.

Picnic Gear: Pre-order OMBR's 2008 Games t-shirts!  These shirts are
limited to PRE-ORDERS ONLY; there will be NONE for sale at the event!
This year's shirts are a beautiful light blue; we also have
ladies'-style fitted tees.  They are ONLY $15 if you pick them up at
the Picnic; $20 if you'd like to shipped to you before the Picnic.  So
please visit http://ombr.org/toteandshirt.htm  to see the shirt color,
and to order yours now!Even if you can't attend our picnic, PLEASE buy
a t-shirt to help OMBR raise funds.

We will have a Raffle again this year, and of course... The Basset
Games!  This year's games include lots of chances for your hound to
take home a ribbon!! Including:
The hotly-contested Costume Contest costume - the Picnic is close to
"Howl"-o-ween, after all.
The Chow Hound contest (see how many strange foods you can get your
basset to eat!),
Biggest Paws and Longest Ears contests,
Best Trick contest- get your tricks ready!,
Hotdog Bobbing Contest - always a crowd favorite!,
The HotDog Toss - is your basset a good catcher?, and
Best Kisser Contest - how long can you get your basset to kiss you
without stopping?

We have LOTS of folks from across the country joining us this year,
from California to Florida to Canada, even!  So be here or be square!

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!